Garfield!!!

Calvin and Hobbes!!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Little Voice (I Should've Listened To)

Summer Time. Lazing around the house, eating ice-cream and generally feeling peaceful and contented. Yeah right!
That used to be the case until we (by this I mean most college second years) got wind of something called internships/projects. A few months back, EVERYONE I knew was hunting frantically for something worthwhile to do during the summer. Not wanting to be left out, I used all the contacts I could get hold of in order to find a summer intern/project. A little voice in the back of my head kept saying: "Watch it, don't ask too many people - You might get more than you bargained for".
At that time I told that little voice in no uncertain terms to shut up. Big mistake! The funny thing about little voices is that they're always right when ignored.
Three months on, in the middle of summer, do I feel peaceful? Nope, not a chance. Contented? Maybe, in the future-tense sort of way. You know, the kind of feeling you get that tell you what you're doing is good but just not at the moment. Maybe two years from now. That sort of feeling.
So, what am I worried about? I have not one, not two but three projects/interns to worry about. (b.t.w. I say that in a purely self preserving way) Over the past week, I've spent hours at the damn laptop trying to make sense of what in god's good name is going on. Status Report: Hmm.... Let me see.... Still seeing.... Nope not yet... Ah! finally... NEED MUCH SLEEP QUICK.
I can still hear the little voice from the same little corner of my head. Only this time it's saying "See, I told you so". I swear I can also hear a hastily suppressed laugh!

8 comments:

srinaik2020 said...

Sometimes the summer is worse than coll da.
What shata is that :(

Half-Light said...

Pah gulati, simply showing off that you are doing 3 projects :P :P :P

Vikram said...

Showing off??? If the projects help, maybe. Not (by a long shot) at the moment though. I still have to complete them :-)

Unknown said...

What he said! (Either peace or kaushik, both will do :P).

Dipankar said...

TOTALLY AGREE WITH KAUSHIK... BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE. YOUR SUMMER HAS BEEN INCREDIBLE FROM WHAT I SEE... EURO TRIP WOULD HAVE DEF HELPED YOUR "STRESS" LEVELS

Vikram said...

Oh shut up. I never once complained about my summer up until NOW. All I'm saying it's getting hectic and promises to stay that way till college reopens. I'm NOT complaining about my summer.

Sudhir said...

gulu...

dude u can't complain and i hope u r not, for ur sake.

here bloody one project is becomin my bane/undoing. i have not been sleepin much thanks to my new found craze of watching the euro'08 matches.

nywz.... gulu. don worry........ u'll not stand to regret this time. :)

of that be certain!

Vikram said...

I'm NOT complaining. I'm just saying I have not much time for the thing that I would have liked to have done in the summer.