Garfield!!!

Calvin and Hobbes!!!

Monday, June 16, 2008

In Pursuit of Traffic

Bangalore traffic. To many, the words are enough to cause massive headaches. Just ask my mum! Anyway, I realized how bad it actually was when I took videos of it. Now, some of you might ask: "What is this crackpot up to now?" or maybe you prefer: "Oh no, not again!" Either way, hold on till I've explained.
I'm doing this TI project over the summer with friend(s) and it's basically for traffic management through cameras. To test whether what we had done was remotely right, we needed some videos of traffic junctions. Hence, we trooped off to 100ft. road in order to get some footage. Check out and see for yourself. All I can say is that I'm shocked people willfully venture into this madness.
Do yourself (and others) a favour and take the bus. At least you have the safety of being in a bigger vehicle :-)

6 comments:

Half-Light said...

Lol. Yeah please use public transport. Waiting for metro to hit the town, will make things a tad easier at least. The bus service to airport is a great one. Will reduce the number of cars blocking the already congested roads by a significant amount.

srinaik2020 said...

Seriously easier said then done guys.

Unknown said...

damn! i expected some neck breaking action!

Unknown said...

damn! i expected some neck breaking action!

Half-Light said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vikram said...

Like I said: This was taken during on a saturday @ 6 PM. Non peak hour. Compare it with traffic videos abroad and you'll realise why I call it chaotic.