Garfield!!!

Calvin and Hobbes!!!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Status Messages :-) (Part 3)

This just goes on and on. I'm not sure that this batch of status messages are funnier that the last lot, but I'll put them up anyway. (owing to complete, utter and absolute boredom) Here's what caught my eye:
1) "Affected with DWS! Dota Withdrawal Syndrome": Hmmm... For the uninitiated, let me clarify that this is not a drug-addict trying to stay off the stuff. And yes, Dota is that famous game, Defense of the blah-blah. (I can almost hear the shouts of "heretic") Now let's get to the actual status message. Here is a guy, at home for the vacations, complaining about the lack of a... video game. Tah dah! Forget water (actually there when you need it - unlike college), food (amazing - unlike college) and electricity (reasonably continous - unlike college). We want DOTA. We want mind-numbing alternate reality. We want mass hypnotism. We want DOTA. One thing I'll concede though - At least the chap wasn't missing WoW. What is WoW? Check my previous post for the details. It'll tell you all you need to know.
2) So-and-so "is aaaaaarrrrghhing": One, two, three... Six. Yes, I got the number of a's right. I'm a bit confused. Just what does this mean? Is this chap trying (unsuccessfully, apparently) to clear his throat? Is he trying to impress us with his (unheard, thankfully) vocal talent? I'm not sure even he knows.
3) "Lord Percy Percy": Here's a classic. Just what does this mean? This late at night, I'm not even close to guessing what went on in this person's mind. Can someone enlighten me? And who the f*** is Percy anyway?
Well, these were a few status messages that I found funny. (this being the key part...) Does anyone else have any others?

P.S. This article is meant to be taken in a lighter vein. Nothing personal.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL :)
hey!! But someone take it seriously
and beat up gulati,man :)

Half-Light said...

Lord Percy Percy is a reference to Black Adder. Rowan Atkinson Classic

Vikram said...

Ah ok. Haven't seen it. Heard about it though...

Anonymous said...

hey gulu...
no word from ur ardent fan lately... ;)

guess aapne apne hi pairon pe kulhaadi maari hai " Mr. Gulati"

:P

- V

Vikram said...

Yup. That about sums up the things that I do. (not just here, but in most places)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the clearing throat thing didn't even occur to Anil Karat when he was aaaaaarghing.
Lol. You should do facebook statuses next. Those are really something, and you get new ones quite frequently too.

Anonymous said...

hmm maybe you should have a chat with the guys at twitter

Vikram said...

@aaaaarrrghher: Oh, that's what it was intended to be?

P.S. I think you missed an 'a' :D

@fanofstatusmessages: Don't have a facebook account. So I'm unfortunately limited to G-Talk and MSN.