Garfield!!!

Calvin and Hobbes!!!

Friday, August 29, 2008

How to Get a Girlfriend

How do you get yourself a "special" someone? OK, she (he in case of a female reader - though I seriously doubt girls think in this convoluted a manner) need not be that special. Just enough to make others wonder with amazement how you of all people managed to get hitched. Don't get me wrong, you're probably a great guy, good sense of humour and all that jazz, but a girlfriend? Seriously. Don't make me laugh. I've eaten way too much.
If you're not really the girlfriend type, (being a senseless clod with an EQ that matches a sledgehammer's, I KNOW I fit into this category quite nicely and can spot a fellow idiot from a mile away. Trust me.) how do you land up with one? Dumb luck? Not really, although it does help quite a bit. (certainly more than the debonair charm that you're so famous for...) Maybe you need a bit of the dashing looks reminiscent of a 80's movie star. Sorry. That's definitely not happening in this lifetime - plastic surgeons are only that good. You'll have to wait for rebirth during the cloning era.
Great. We've eliminated two possible things that girls look for that you don't have. So, what can you do to give up your bachelor status? Sweet talk? Have a heart, what did I warn you about the laughing part? When people like you and I talk, well, let's just say we dig our own relationship graves. Six feet and a whole deal more.
Nice. That's three down the drain. What can you possibly do now? Flirt? The only thing you (and me - I'm just going to stop putting this. From now on, assume you = we) can flirt with is disaster. (pretty well at that too, so HA!) Any similar attempt on the opposite sex results in total, utter and complete disaster. You'd have a better chance at crossing a minefield blindfolded.
OK. We've now got rid of Luck, Looks, Talking and Flirting. Anything left? What's that? Brains? What part of EQ akin to a sledgehammer's did you not understand? So what if you're a genius? What are going to do? Ask her out with a calculus book in one hand and a thesis on quantum mechanics in the other? You'll be lucky to escape with minor injuries. Try shooting yourself in the foot instead. Guaranteed to be less painful.
Beautiful! We've now reached an end to this murderously painful insight into your love related attributes. Congratulations, you're the latest mystery (among many) - How did you get a girlfriend? Seriously.

P.S. I don't know what gave people the idea but this is NOT directed at anyone in particular. Look at the label...

12 comments:

Sudhir said...

dude
you have got the factors which girls look for all wrong.
trust me on this.
they themselves are pretty much clueless on what they see, forget about you or me trying to figure out and going to the extent of stating, that this is what they do.

and i figure this is inspired by the 1 behind your back. ;)

Vikram said...

I certainly hope so... Anyway please ignore blog for want of sanity. I was v. v. v. jobless.

Anonymous said...

hey Gullu.. nice attempt da...can you do us a favour??
Please implement these ideas and let us know if it actually works..we are waiting macha...:p:P:
I wish you good luck...

Anonymous said...

Btw... what shall we assume from this blog da..:P:P
are you trying to be "THE GURU"??
WOW:):)

Layfield said...

Yapaa gullu. They look for confidence, so they say.

Vikram said...

@ kaybax Guru, my foot! I have to be insane to implement this stuff... It's absolute drivel :)
@ srik Confidence? Hmmm... Now there's a thought...

Kaybax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ob da....My comment was dripping with sarcasm !!!

archit said...

wats gone into ur head man? seriously? you could have commented on heda's t-shirts instead...

Vikram said...

I told you... Brain on holiday. And it's NOT directed at Heda. It's at someone else altogether.

P.S. T-shirt comments coming soon :)

Ridhima said...

You finally lost your marbles now, didnt you?

I think possibly one way to tackle this conundrum might be to lasso a girl, tie her down and interrogate her about what women want until she cracks under the pressure.

Another way might be bribing a girl with Ben 'n Jerry's ice cream and cookies.

cheaprsgoldforever said...

You go and then never stop!

wow gold,Tera Gold,eden gold